4 Ways to Avoid a Bad Mood


Today I could just feel myself heading into a bit of a rut, or a mood, where all I want to do is wallow in self-pity and eat chocolate. But instead of just letting it happen I decided to get out of my room, head outside and hit refresh. I feel a million times better and much much positive. It's so important to try and notice when you are verging on one of these 'moods' so that you can do something to pick yourself up.

How to avoid a bad mood


  • Get Outside. Fresh air is enormously beneficial to clearing your head and helping you think straight. I went for a walk around the nearby park and feel so much more at peace after being outside in nature.
  • Exercise. When you exercise your body releases endorphins, which are guaranteed to put you in a better mood. It also makes you feel like you've accomplished something and gives a little boost to your ego (in a good way).
  • Write a Journal. Reflecting on how you are feeling is so important when it comes to figuring out how to get out of your bad mood, or avoid it altogether. Once you identify what or who has made you feel this way, you can address it, and put it to rest. Sometimes its a lot easier to get your feelings out on paper but it's just as beneficial as saying them out loud. This can also help for the future if you can know in advance what might set you off.
  • Do something you love. Right now I'm drinking tea and watching re runs of Friends on Netflix, but whatever it is that cheers you up and makes you feel good, just do it. And don't feel guilty for it either.

Comments